Sunday, June 7, 2009

Self-esteem

How many of us look at our self in the mirror and can pick one or maybe two things from our body that just do not look right? We stand naked looking in the mirror, holding our stomachs in, lying in the bed trying to put a pair of jeans on that is two sizes small, or standing side ways looking in the mirror saying "I need to lose 10 pounds, 20 pounds, 30 pounds, or even like me 50 pounds?" I have been guilty of this a lot in my past always wondering who will like me with all this weight. Saying things like " I want to be a little smaller, because I would get that handsome man of my dreams I been waiting for a long time." We as woman criticize our self and do not understand the true beauty we have within.

Women, I want you to make a promise this day forward that you would appreciate and love yourself with the flaws you have. When you start loving yourself, you gain more insight on who you are as a person and do not need a man to validate your self-worth. Ladies, let me tell you....when I started loving myself I became so in tuned with me as a person and what GOD wanted me to be here on earth, that I stop needing a man to validate my self-worth. Now, ladies I do need to lose 50 pounds though, but its because I want to live a long healthy life and do not want to develop Type II diabetes OR heart disease and have a heart attack as I age. My cholesterol is slightly high, so I have to lose weight to lower my cholesterol and have better health and longevity.

To all my beautiful ladies, I want you to know you are beautiful inside and out. However, if you need to lose weight like me, I encourgage you to shed those pounds for better health, longevity and make sure it's for you and not for a man. Always remember that a man do not validate your self worth. Please understand that GOD created each and every last one of us so differently and unique and GOD LOVES us exactly the way we are. So, anyone who enters into your life to be a friend, companion or husband should LOVE you past your imperfections and beauty. True love is defined as loving the person past their indescretions for who they are and NOT their looks.

To all my beautiful ladies, take the time to define your beautity by looking in the mirror at the person on the other side and smile and say "I am beautiful inside and out and GOD created me perfectly." Once you say this a couple of times, you will begin feeling beautiful. Try doing this for a week and watch your personality change and self-esteem increase. You will probably go buy a new outfit, or get a different hairstyle or get your nails, toes, or a facial done. Ladies, when this happens take the time to relax in the tub and reflect on the new change that has come and embrace the new exciting you.

Try it and see...

Sincerely,

Michelle A. Moorer, the author of "Shh..Don't Tell."

No comments: