Saturday, July 4, 2009

Greatest Gift...

I was sitting and thinking about what should I blog about today. So, I thought back to reading the bible a couple of days ago and I remember reading in the book of I Corinthians 13 how the greatest gifts are Abide, Faith and Love. However, the greatest gift of them all is "LOVE." Before, reading the bible, I spoke about LOVE in an older post, and how its important to love the person your with, family, friends and people you do not know, because you do not know when it will be the last time you speak or see them.

If you read the quote in the bible it confirms what I spoke about, in addition to how we are to treat people. Let me quote a couple of verses for you so you can understand how deep "LOVE" is...verse (4) "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up." verse (5) "Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil." verse (6) "Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in truth." verse (7)"Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endure all things." verse (8) "Love never fails, But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues; they will cease, whether there is knowledge, it will vanish." verse (13) "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest gift of these is LOVE."

After reading the above quotes, how do you feel? Do you feel differently, now that you know the greatest gift GOD gave us is "LOVE" and how its very important to LOVE everybody even our enemies? To all my readers, I want you to take the time to reflect on your life and the people you love in your life. Take a moment to think about what you would change in your life, as far as loving someone new, or differently? Once you are done reflecting on that, take some time to think about how you are going to LOVE that person.

I will be doing this with you as well!

I want you to stay strong and be encouraged through life trials, until next time....

Have a great & safe 4th of July! Enjoy spending time with LOVE ones.

Love,

Michelle A. Moorer, the author of "Shh..Don't Tell."

No comments: