Thursday, September 10, 2009

Changing Lives...

To all my readers, please forgive me....I know I have not blogged in a while. I have been so busy. I will try to blog once a month.

I sit here tonight as I type this profound question. How many lives have I changed, impacted or simply touched? I honestly don't know the number of people, but I know from book signings in different states, teaching, from friends that introduce me to friends, co-workers and various people I meet along the way. I have changed so many different lives. I am eternally grateful to fulfill GOD's work. I prayed that my story touch the lives that needs to be touched and GOD is delivering this to me day- by-day, event-by-event and friend-by-friend.

As I type this blog I think of a special person I now call my sister-friend I had lunch with in Detroit, MI. One of my close friends purchased a bulk of books and gave them to some of her friends. There was one particular friend of my good friend my story touched in a very special way that I had to meet. I discovered that the abuse in this person life was painful and humiliated, that left her with thoughts of suicide, and unanswered questions to a puzzle she is still trying to piece together. My sister-friend was not able to relate or communicate with anyone about her past, but after reading my story she connected with me so quickly because we shared similar lives.

My close friend told me I inspired her in so many ways, that my story has given her hope in her life. I was truly touched and very honored that I touched her life with my story, and was able to begin her mind, body and soul to heal from past afflictions. Well, after hearing about my sister-friend, I could not wait to meet her. I made time and set up a lunch date. I am sitting in my car waiting to meet my sister-friend for the first time in my life. The time finally came where we met face to face, and words could not express the comfort of a hug and embrace that we both shared. At that particular moment I could feel her trouble, pain, and fears she has in her life. All I wanted to do was continue to hug her and tell her its going to be okay, and her past pain will be healed in GOD's time and she will live a healthy and productive life.

While having lunch some personal profound things about our past was shared, but as we talked I could tell that all your frustrations, fears and some pain was being released. It felt good to see this! All I want to do is see her heal and move on to the next level in her life. We had a great time at lunch. I hope the words that I said will encourage my sister-friend to continue to keep GOD in her life and believe in herself enough to know that GOD loves you and your life long suffering will soon be healed. I will always be there for you as a mentor and good friend.

To my beautiful sister-friend and you know who you are, I pray for continuous healing of your mind, body and soul. I pray that you always stay in GOD's word because he will redeem your soul! You are a strong beautiful woman and don't you ever forget that! You have an assignment on your life, known as an awaken purpose, and goal. I want you to reach that purpose. When times are rough just focus on the positivity in your life, and trust and know that there is nothing to small or large our GOD cannot handle.

I am there for you!

Love always,

Michelle Moorer, the author of "Shh...Don't Tell"

No comments: