Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Beginning..

Today was a beautiful day for me. Since, I relocated from Detroit to IL, I was praying for a church home for a couple of years and I finally found one. Let me talk about the power of prayer and how GOD works.

I met a nice woman where I teach classes, two months ago. We connected instantly with one another, as if I had been knowing her all my life. However, one day she was speaking to Pastor Williams and told him about me. After the phone converation, she recommended I call him and speak to him about any concerns I may have.

Well, that night on my way home, I decided to call Pastor Williams and we spoke for a couple hours about my problems, concerns and resolutions. A couple days later my co-worker and I met Pastor Williams for lunch to get spirtual prayer. Before, going to meet the Pastor I was excited and reluctant to meet Pastor Williams, because I didn't know what to expect. Not realizing this was the devil that had placed fear in my heart before meeting the Pastor.

A day or two later I telephoned the pastor and told him I would visit his church in two weeks, which was after Mother's Day. I had made a promise to go to my girlfriend's church for Mother's Day. To make a long story short, I was so excited the following week after Mother's Day to visit Pastor Williams church to hear him speak on the word of GOD.

I had such a great experience! I felt lead to stay there and become a member of his church, to be under the guidance of Pastor Williams and grow with his church and new family. I am so glad because today changed my life and relationship with GOD. I now have a church home located in Gary, IN and extended family.

This example is a perfect example of how GOD place people in your life for a reason, season, or lifetime. When GOD does this we as people must figure out why that person was placed in our lives.

I want all my readers to think about their life and reflect on the people coming in and out of your life. What have you learned? What new person changed your perspective? How did it make you feel as a person?

If you are asking yourself how would you know; you would know if a person was of GOD only if the situation was a GODLY situation. Meaning, to be careful of the devil and what you may think is from GOD. Just remember GOD directs you toward him and not away from him.

I had a new beginning in my life today. Why don't you?

Sincerely,

Michelle A. Moorer, the author of "Shh..Don't Tell."

No comments: